I love to serve this flavorful grilled lamb when the weather warms up and hand-held foods feel appropriate. To me, it is the very essence of spring – vibrant, light, healthy and cooked over an open flame. Try this recipe with my Mediterranean-style grilled vegetable salad recipe.
- 1 rack of lamb, Frenched – (this means that the tips of the rib bones are cleaned of all meat and can be used as handles)
- 4 cloves of raw garlic, finely minced
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, stemmed and finely chopped (about 1 & 1/2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary)
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Cut between the bones of the lamb rack, separating them by 2-bone sections. This will ensure a thicker lamb chop.
- Place the cut rack of lamb in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients in the bag.
- Massage the ingredients into the lamb.
- Let the lamb marinate for at least one hour, preferably 4-6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Turn on your grill to medium-high heat (450F)
- Grill the lamb for 3 & 1/2 minutes per side for medium. (I do not recommend cooking lamb any further, as it becomes tough and flavorless.)
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes off-heat before plating.
- Serve with delicious Mediterranean-inspired grilled vegetable salad.